I believe we must recommit to the importance of democracy, open dialogue and collaborative decision-making if we are to rise together.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Continuing to support the fundamental restructuring of City Hall into an organization focused on the delivery of a great city of great neighbourhoods through community-embedded, interdisciplinary teams of civil servants.
- Piloting a new multi-community, multi-stakeholder local governance framework in the communities of Greater Forest Lawn, as a first step towards overhauling Calgary’s community associations and supercharging grass-roots democracy.
- Committing to the development and redevelopment of all publicly-owned buildings as a network of mixed-use Integrated Civic Facility Community Hubs offering as needed wrap-around social supports in every neighbourhood.
- Striking a better balance between the City’s role as regulator, with opportunities to cut red tape and actively facilitate great outcomes for industry, communities and individuals.
- Embracing the City’s responsibility to pilot and facilitate the emergence of new markets and industries, in partnership with the private sector as we deliver increasing diversification of Calgary’s economy.
- Committing to a broad suite of improvements to our democratic processes to increase access and quality for all citizens, such as building upon our hybrid in-person/virtual system for all city engagements - including Council and Committee Hearings.
Conversations with Carra: Youth Activism in YYC
Missed Gian-Carlo's back to school special where he talks with YYC Youth and youth serving organizations on how and why it is critical that youth get involved in their community? Watch it here.
Do you like this page?