To ensure we build the city we want to become, I believe we must make critical generational investments in Calgary’s best future.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the establishment of five dedicated, year-over-year, funds that will appear as line items on our tax bills.
These funds are:
- The Downtown Revitalization Fund: to attract new investments and innovative industries.
- The MainStreets and Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Fund: to build vibrant, transit-connected neighbourhoods across Ward 9.
- The Accessibility, Livable Streets and 5A Network Fund: to increase accessibility and safety of Ward 9 neighbourhoods through different modes of transportation, like walking, cycling and public transit.
- The Parks, Recreation, and Culture Fund: to grow and maintain `Calgary’s vibrant public spaces.
- The Community Safety Investment Framework Fund: to ensure Ward 9 communities are safe and connected to 'next-gen' integrated support services.
Watch Gian-Carlo's policy video on Generational Investments
Conversations with Carra: Arts & Culture
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Alex Sarian, CEO of Arts Commons, on Arts & Culture as an economic driver? Watch it here.
Conversations with Carra: An Anti-Racist City
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Heather Campbell, former Co-Chair of Alberta’s Anti-Racism Advisory Council and current member of Calgary’s Police Commission? Watch it here.
Conversations with Carra: Recreation in YYC
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Grace Dafoe, Canadian National Skeleton Team member, and James Kiozumi, President of Calgary Disc Golf Club, on Recreation in YYC? Watch it here.
Do you like this page?