In order to rise together, I believe we must increase the diversity and affordability of Calgary’s housing supply so that every Calgarian is ensured a great place to call home.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Supporting local area plans that promote a diversity of housing options in every Ward 9 neighbourhood, from heritage preservation, through a variety of lower-density forms, to vibrant, transit-oriented town centres.
- Removing regulatory barriers and reducing process timelines so the private sector is able to deliver an increased supply of diverse, market-based housing options.
- Continuing to support the not-for-profit sector in delivering a wide variety of affordable housing options through ongoing partnerships with other orders of government and continuing to make City of Calgary land available for purchase to these groups.
- Facilitating the conversion of lands owned by not-for-profit actors and communities of faith to include affordable housing opportunities, such as the new affordable family housing at the Ogden United Church.
- Developing a plan to deliver the 15,000 units of affordable housing required in Calgary.
Do you like this page?