I believe our best future lies in generational investments in the parks and recreational amenities that define who we are as Calgarians.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Establishing the Parks, Recreation and Culture Fund as part of the City of Calgary’s commitment to generational investment.
- Planning and funding the delivery of a ‘next-gen’ recreational facility for Greater Forest Lawn.
- Planning for the conversion of Renfrew Athletic Park into a ‘next-gen’ recreational facility for inner NE communities.
- Increasing development of other amenities across Ward 9 including basketball courts, dedicated pickleball facilities, pump tracks, disc golf courses, Wiffleball fields, dog parks and a standing surf wave.
- Implementing an Artificial Turf Playing Field program for our most loved (and most used) areas to ensure lower maintenance costs and broader year-round usability.
- Continuing to invest in the Harvie Passage and follow the recommendations outlined by the newly struck Harvie Passage Task Force for improved management of the area.
Watch Gian-Carlo's policy video on Next-Gen Recreational Amenities
Conversations with Carra: Recreation in YYC
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Grace Dafoe, Canadian National Skeleton Team member, and James Kiozumi, President of Calgary Disc Golf Club, on Recreation in YYC? Watch it here.
Conversations with Carra: Calgary's Vietnamese Canadian Association
Missed Gian-Carlo's conversation with the Calgary Vietnamese Canadian Association on the construction of the new Journey to Freedom Park? Watch it here.
Do you like this page?