I believe reliable, accessible and affordable public transit is the backbone of our best future. It supports our transition towards climate sustainability, shapes how we design our city, drives economic diversification and investment and moves us closer to a more equitable city.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Ensuring the complete build-out of the Green Line. This has been a top priority for me since I was first elected in 2010.
- Making certain the federal government’s commitments to year-over-year transit funding for Canadian municipalities is matched by the provincial government.
- Completing the build-out of the Blue Line and the development of additional stops (infills) on the Red Line.
- Fully delivering the RouteAhead, Calgary’s 30-year strategic plan for public transit, and begin to scope out what the next 30 years will look like.
- Establishing the MainSteets and TOD Fund as part of the City of Calgary’s commitment to generational investment. This fund will help to ensure we build high-quality public spaces near parks, recreational amenities and vibrant main streets that are connected to transit stations and sustainable neighbourhoods.
- Establishing the Parks, Recreation and Culture Fund as part of the City of Calgary’s commitment to generational investment. This fund will make certain the Green Line connects parks and outdoor recreational activities to vibrant, sustainable neighbourhoods so it will be an actual ‘green’ line.
Watch Gian-Carlo’s policy video on the Green Line
Conversations with Carra: Recreation in YYC
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Grace Dafoe, Canadian National Skeleton Team member, and James Kiozumi, President of Calgary Disc Golf Club, on Recreation in YYC? Watch it here.
Do you like this page?