I believe that investing in a regional rail network will help ensure Calgary’s prosperity, sustainability and world-class quality of life long into the future.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Developing a regional rail line between Calgary and Banff as a first step towards regional and provincial high-frequency passenger rail.
- Working to coordinate Federal, Provincial, and Regional governments, agencies including the Canada Infrastructure Bank, as well as private investors through the City’s Intergovernmental Affairs Committee.
- Continuing to steward relationships with community leaders along the Bow Valley Corridor to ensure that Calgary-Banff rail project has economic, social and environmental benefits for all communities along the route.
- Developing next steps towards the delivery of plans to support a regional and provincial high-frequency passenger rail system.
- Ensuring that all passenger rail projects are leveraged to improve our wildlife protection measures, particularly within the Mountain Parks.
Watch Gian-Carlo's policy video on Regional Rail
Do you like this page?