I believe our best future lies in a foundational commitment to Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
If re-elected, I am committed to advocating for the following:
- Completing the build-out and funding of the Indigenous Relations Office at the City of Calgary.
- Achieving a deep structural commitment by the City of Calgary to Truth & Reconciliation and the White Goose Flying Report.
- Building a more robust and formalized relationship with Treaty 7 First Nations.
- Supporting Indigenous communities to identify and plan for an appropriate and significant Indigenous Gathering Place and ensuring it is funded.
- Supporting efforts for the formal recognition of St. Dunstan School as a former residential school site and ensuring appropriate memorialization is funded.
Watch Gian-Carlo's policy video on Truth & Reconciliation
Conversations with Carra: Indigenous Peoples
Missed Gian-Carlo’s conversation with Indigenous leaders Chief Lee Crowchild and Wendy Walker on Indigenous issues, the White Goose Flying Report and settlers’ responsibility to Truth & Reconciliation? Watch it here.
Do you like this page?